Trifextra: Revelation

“You’re my wife, mother of my children.  You can tell me.  What did the Oracle say?”  He clasped her hands earnestly.

Her voice was ghostly, remote.  “It said that I was your doom.”

Welcome to this weekend’s Trifextra challenge at Trifecta Writing Challenge!  This weekend’s prompt asked for 33 words on something that was three different things at the same time.  Thanks for reading!

1. lumdog says:

This makes me want to read more. Must they believe the Oracle? What will they do? Can they change the future? You have provoked some interesting questions. Well done!

Ooo, I like this. You did a great job with the prompt – it didn’t feel formulaic at all, even after reading dozens of these today. Is this part of a larger story?

3. Nice!
    I want to read more of this story!

4. Sandra says:

But the Oracle only tells what you *need* to hear… Great response! 🙂

Yikes! Kind of creeps me out but I’m so very intrigued because I DO like to be creeped out. Tell us more, please!

HAHAHA. Pardon me if I take your response a little too lightheartedly – this just sounds like a dialogue between my husband and I when we are teasing each other. 🙂

~Imelda

Because I was too focused on how the dialogue mirrored us, I failed to focus on the other aspects of your work. It is well written as always. 🙂

8. Wisper says:

This sounds like the beginning of a longer piece. I’d love to know what’s going on more!

Oh, nice….very cool take on the “three things at once” prompt.

Thanks, all! It’s not part of an ongoing piece — I just couldn’t resist the romance of “I am your DOOM!” It might be fun to continue, though. I guess we’ll see!

11. More please! More! You can’t just leave it there.

I love it. It hints at how families can pull each other down even while doing everything right.

1. […] asked us to continue one of our 33 word responses with 33 more words.  I chose to follow up on Revelation.  Here’s my original […]